We need your help!
It takes a lot of funding to support such a broad spectrum of research and conservation projects.
Donate to the OuTrop Trust,
our registered charity!
Our charitable status should make it even easier for you to donate to help out our research efforts in the Sabangau Forest. We work only with fully wild primates and other wildlife and combine a research approach with practical conservation activities to protect the Sabangau Forest and its wildlife.
Any donation you make can and will make a real difference.
If you are a UK tax-payer please remember to Gift Aid your donation as this increases the value of your donation.
Where do the donations go?
• Funding the CIMTROP Patrol Team to combat illegal logging and fires throughout the forest.
• Building dams to block illegal logging timber extraction canals and reduce susceptibility of the forest to fire, as well as weakening the peat structure for supporting trees.
• Developing techniques to restore and regenerate the forest through research in our seedling nursery.
• Funding maintenance and improvements to research site and infrastructure including board walks, camp buildings and equipment as well as paying the salaries for our dedicated Indonesian research staff.
• Collecting information on the behavioural ecology and population density of orang-utans, gibbons and red langurs in the peat-swamp forests of Central Kalimantan and threats to their survival. OuTrop's data set on these animals is one of the longest in the world and has provided invaluable insights on the ecology of these animals, enabling us to help protect them better.
• To support our felid project focusing on the behavioural ecology and conservation status of the largest predator on Borneo: the clouded leopard. This enigmatic big cat is the largest of 4 cats we have in Sabangau and we need to understand their ecological needs and population numbers to inform conservation actions in particular.
• Developing and implementing an ecological monitoring programme for peat-swamp forest, to provide constructive feedback to conservation managers and help strengthen conservation activities in the area.
Leaving a legacy to the Trust in your Will...
The Orangutan Tropical Peatland Project, supported by Orangutan Tropical Peatland Trust, has been working in Indonesia since 1999. We aim to continue our long-term presence in this region but we need long-term funding for this.
Remembering the Orangutan Tropical Peatland Trust in your Will is one of the most valuable ways you can ensure ongoing support for our work with wild orangutans, gibbons and all the varied biodiversity and plant life in Sabangau.
... a lasting gift to conservation ...
We very much hope to have a long-term presence in Sabangau , but we need long-term funding for this.
Remembering the Orangutan Tropical Peatland Trust in your Will is one of the most valuable ways you can ensure ongoing support for our work with wild orang-utans, gibbons & the varied biodiversity & plant-life in Sabangau.
There are 3 ways to make a gift or bequest:
If you would like to speak to one of the Orangutan Tropical Peatland Project Directors please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss confidentially how your Bequest can help our on-going conservation work.